Preliminary report of Oppositional Electoral Subjects
We, Georgian oppositional electoral subjects/political
associations, express uttermost apprehension over the 21 October
2017 Municipal elections. Our assessment is as follows: these
elections were held in an unfair and uncompetitive environment,
which blatantly violates commitments of the Georgian state to the
OSCE, as well as other international standards.
• Results of these elections were premeditated by the
• Under the present government, electoral environment in Georgia is
worsening year-by-year. Actually, we have reached the point beyond
which transition of the government through elections becomes
We proclaim our distrust towards preliminary results of elections,
which has been mounting during all three stages of the electoral
• Sharply manifested unequal pre-electoral environment.
• An unprecedented, total harassment of the electorate and the
members of district commissions, as well as numerous instances of
• Suspiciously belated and opaque process of summation.
Aforementioned result was brought around by the following
• Changes to the election code during the run-up to elections,
designed to give further electoral advantage to the ruling
• Widespread utilisation of the administrative resource for
electoral purposes during the run-up, and the day of elections.
• Total subordination of the electoral administration to the ruling
• Illegal regulation of the media by the government to give
electoral advantage to the ruling party.
• Unprecedentedly manifold disparity in capacity to mobilise funds
to the advantage of the ruling party; Electoral ‘black money’
mobilised by the ‘Georgian Dream’, which far surpasses declared
funds and evades the attention of the State Audit Office, as well
as NGOs and international observers.
• Mass harassment of oppositional subjects and its candidates by
law enforcement authorities and activists of the ‘Georgian Dream’,
as well as obstruction to the conduct of political campaign and the
practice of vandalising the agitation material.
• Fictional nature of governmental agencies responsible for holding
free and fair elections. Particularly, ineffective Inter-Agency
Commission; public justification and encouragement of violations by
top-ranking official as well as law enforcing agencies, turning a
blind eye on these acts.
• Electoral districts on the day of elections saw total harassment
of the electorate by activists of the ruling party, beginning from
the entrance, right until the end of the voting procedure.
• Numerous facts of bribing the electorate, the footage of which
was constantly broadcast in the media, which was sad news for these
• District commission members ignoring complaints submitted by
oppositional electoral subjects and observes, regarding numerous
• Belated publication of results and the announcement of XX% of
results by 12:00.
About the report:
Given report represents a joint report on 21 October 2017 Municipal
Elections by the oppositional electoral subjects/political
associations. The aim of this report is to unite the effort of the
aforementioned subjects in monitoring and evaluating these
elections, in spite of mounting pressure from the government.
PAC 'The New Rights' - Mamuka Katsitadze
PAC 'The New Georgia' - Giorgi Vashadze
PAC 'New Christian Democrats' - Grigol Jojua
PAC 'United Democratic Movement' - Nino Burjanadze
PAC 'Demmocratic Movement - United Georgia' - Gigla Baramidze
PAC 'European Democrats' - Paata Davitaia
PAC 'National Forum' - Soso Vakhtangishvili, (on behalf of election
bloc 'Sheneba' - David Usupashvili)
PAC 'National Democratic Party' - Bachuki Kardava
PAC 'Free Georgia' - Kakha Kukava
PAC 'Freedom' - Konstantine Gamsakhurdia
PAC 'Labour Party of Georgia' - Shalva Natelashvili
PAC 'The Union of Traditionalists' - Akaki Asatiani
PAC 'Political Movement of Patriots and Military Veterans' - Gia
Zurab Kharatishvili – Civil Alliance for Freedom
Mob: 577 99 88 58 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tengiz Omanidze – Free Georgia
Mob: 599299338 Email: email@example.com